This is in our plans for this weekend....

and a little bit of this.....

and a lot of this!

Monday, February 4, 2008

FLU!

Yes Harper has the flu...As I said earlier that I had to pick up Harper at school on Thurs due to a headache, well we have been waiting for the fever and it came on Sunday morning..I had gotten out of the shower yesterday morning getting ready for church and Harper told me he felt bad..he has been saying this since Thurs and I just assumed he didnt want to go to church...but no he had fever and by 11 am it was 101 degrees and it has been that ever since except at 2:00 am when it went up to 104 it scared me to death...they have never had fever that high..we put him in the shower and put ice on his head and about 30 minutes later after some motrin it went down to 102....so we were at the doctor at 8:30 this morning....Alli was at MEA and we went through the back door..( it amazed me that the parking lot was full at 9 when they opened)...anyway Alli did a flu test on him ( which he DID NOT like, they swab your nose) --it usually takes 10 min for results but his came back positive in 30 seconds....So now we are all being treated for the flu and poor Annellise ( they HATE any medicine that is white and chalky and guess what Tamaflu is and she has to take it and she doesnt even have the flu--I feel so bad) We all have to be treated and the medicine cost 35.00 each--so multiply that x4 --its crazy!!!! Harper is going to be home most of the week ( the dr said all week if he still has fever) the bad thing is we have to do schoolwork that he is missing and its A LOT....I feel like I am a teacher and that is like PUNISHMENT to me---to me that is the last job on my list of jobs--ha---Anyway..say a little prayer that no one else gets it and I can get my children to take the ucky medicine 2 times a day--that is PUNISHMENT for me to...the things you do for your children! Ha!----( Harper was so sad he missed the end of the Super Bowl last night--poor thing was so sick he fell asleep watching it with Bert and he was a big Patriots fan!!)

No comments: