This is in our plans for this weekend....

and a little bit of this.....

and a lot of this!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Where do I begin?

Gosh, it has been a rough week..Last Wednesday I started feeling really bad (sort of like the flu) my back was KILLING me, not my normal back pain---About 3 am I woke up with fever of 101 and severe back pain and my insision looked horrible..I had been on antibiotics since Monday because my insision was draining a little but it wasnt swollen or red..But on Thursday it all changed...My dr is off on Thursdays because that is his surgery day..When I woke up I thought I was dying, I took my antibiotic and ate something( BAD choice)...I finally called his office and because I ate I had to wait until Friday am to see him..Alli took off work and took me to the dr. I was in SO much pain...He looked at my insision and said I was being admitted and having emergency surgery that day..So long story short, they took me to the wrong place and I was in a waiting room with about 50 people and could hardly dit down....I was suppose to go to a room instead and get some pain meds..so that delayed everything about 2 hrs.....I was not in a good mood and in pain---then they had to take lots of blood and I have horrible veins...about 1pm I went to surgery and they found out I had a staff infection ( the BAD one MRSA) its the one you get in the hospital so I got it 2 weeks prior when I had my back surgery...it is resistant to most antibiotocs so we are just praying that my dr got all the infection during surgery...If not I will get a PIC line (IV) and get IV antibiotics 3 times a day for 6 weeks...I DO NOT WANT THAT...we go on our cruise Nov 12 so please pray that these next few weeks my infection does not come back...I still have stitches and will get them out on Oct 8...My insision looks good, but I still feel pretty bad..I have NO energy and it takes everything I have to get dressed everyday...I hope that gets better. I went to the dr today and they took my blood so hopefully all is OK.....

No comments: